Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- Do not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight (8) hours prior to the appointment
- No smoking at least twelve (12) hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure and drive the patient home. All minors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low heeled shoes or sneakers.
- Contact lenses, jewelry and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- Prior to your surgery appointment, please notify our office if you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset.
- If you take routine oral medications, please call the offices of Drs. Cummings, Balasanian, Caputo and Nicholls prior to your surgery date for instructions.
- Board Certified
- Hospital Affiliations
- State-of-the-Art Technology
- Four convenient locations
- 60 Years of Combined Experience